- "Success caught Groom by surprise, but sometimes even journalists find it satisfying to learn that nice guys can finish first."
- – CNNfn
- "Be sure to contemplate their thought of the day and send in your own good news."
- – Yahoo
- "Positive Saying of the Day has found a niche in cyberspace."
- – USA TODAY
- "Groom chooses bounce-back stories, stories of quiet heroism."
- – Reuters
- "A brilliant use of the Web."
- – Web Magazine
- "Unbridled rants that can brighten even the dullest day."
- – Netscape’s Netcenter
- "John Groom also understands that man’s nature is contradictory."
- – The Boston Globe
- "Entertaining rants on topics such as NBA labor negotiations and government waste."
- – Playboy